Return of Landowners 1873- lookup offer

  • Joanne Pye
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 10, 2001
      > Hi there,
      >
      > I now have the above publication on loan from the library. It lists those
      > that owned more than 1 acre of land in Scotland and Wales during 1873.
      >
      > The info contained for each entry is:
      > Name of owner
      > Address of owner
      > Estimated acreage of property
      > Gross value of property
      >
      > They are sorted alphabetically and in counties.
      >
      > If anyone would like me to look up anything in this book, please just get
      in
      > touch. I have it on loan for 3 weeks.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Joanne
      > Researching:
      > MILNE, KINLOCH, SMITH, ANGUS-Aberdeen
      > KINLOCH, WATSON, SMITH-Glasgow
      > KINLOCH, MITCHELSON-Dundee

    • anne watson
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 10, 2001
        Hi Joanne:
        Thats a great thing to offer to look up things for others and I appreciate
        it very much. I am looking for ROBERT WATSON. Born about 1890 to 1900.
        The only thing that I know about him is that he was in Cove/Kilcreggan on
        the Roseneath Peninsula in the year 1920/21. I have that information from
        his sons birth certificate who was born December 19, 1921 in Cove. Rose
        Cottage, Peaton, Cove, Scotland. I do not know if they owned land or not
        because shortly after his son was born he immigrated to Canada. His wife
        Jane Smith followed when the son Thomas was 3 years old. In Cove Robert was
        supposed to have been the Manager of the "Gas Works"? I hope that you can
        find something for me because I am getting very frustrated with Robert.
        Robert had a brother Charles and 2 sisters Sarah and Mary "Polly". I
        hope all this helps and what every you find will be most welcome and if you
        cannot help that is OK as well. Have a wonderful weekend and hope to hear
        something (anything) from you.

        Again Sincere Thanks
        Anne Watson
      • D. Bates
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 10, 2001
          hi there joanne,

          how kind of you to offer lookups. would you please look up WERNHAM in
          aberdeenshire and in banffshire. i don't know if these relatives owned that
          much land but you never know.
          also could you look up MURRAY in aberdeenshire.

          thankyou. diane in winnipeg canada
        • colin knaggs
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 11, 2001
            Hello Joanne,

            I noticed you posting

            I am interested to know about possible land holdings for the following
            HUSBAND names from Cupar, Fife:

            Andrew
            James
            David
            John.

            Also a John LAMBERT, Selkirk, Selkirk.

            Cheers

            Colin
          • Elisabeth Wilson
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 11, 2001
              At 03:00 11/06/2001, you wrote:

              > > If anyone would like me to look up anything in this book, please just get
              >in touch. I have it on loan for 3 weeks.

              Dear Joanne,

              What a generous offer. Could you try Thomas YOUNG, Hill of Coldwells near
              Cruden please? or any Thomas Young in the area (could be his father). If
              I get some time there may be a couple of other names I'll ask you also.

              Many thanks,
              Elisabeth

              Elisabeth Wilson
              South Hobart, Tasmania
              researching GORDON GIBB YOUNG SPENCE PAUL MURRISON CRAIG DAVIDSON
            • a.harrop
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 12, 2001
                Joanne,
                Thanks for the offer, could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
                I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen.
                Thanks,
                Eileen Harrop
              • colin knaggs
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 12, 2001
                  Hello again Joanne

                  Thank you for the last look-up. Very useful indeed.

                  Can I please ask for one more.

                  James ANDREWS or family from Peebles, Peebles.

                  Thanks

                  Colin
                • dmatt
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 13, 2001
                    Eileen,

                    could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
                    >I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen

                    Have you tried the Strichen Estate records belonging to the North-East
                    Scotland Library Service?, if you have a date I can check it when I am in
                    Strichen next.

                    David
                    >Thanks for the offer, could you please look for the name Kinghorn for me?
                    >I don't think many had land, but a possibility is Redbog, Strichen.
                    >Thanks,
                    >Eileen Harrop
                    >

                    >Peterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/

                  • Melissa J. Ellis
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 14, 2001
                      Joanne, a wonderful offer could you please search for the names
                      Morrision in Aberdeen.
                      & a William Johnston (Johnstone) and finally the name Yule. Thank you
                      Melissa.

                      Joanne Pye wrote:

                      > > Hi there,
                      > >
                      > > I now have the above publication on loan from the library. It lists
                      > those
                      > > that owned more than 1 acre of land in Scotland and Wales during
                      > 1873.
                      > >
                      > > The info contained for each entry is:
                      > > Name of owner
                      > > Address of owner
                      > > Estimated acreage of property
                      > > Gross value of property
                      > >
                      > > They are sorted alphabetically and in counties.
                      > >
                      > > If anyone would like me to look up anything in this book, please
                      > just get
                      > in
                      > > touch. I have it on loan for 3 weeks.
                      > >
                      > > Thanks,
                      > > Joanne
                      > > Researching:
                      > > MILNE, KINLOCH, SMITH, ANGUS-Aberdeen
                      > > KINLOCH, WATSON, SMITH-Glasgow
                      > > KINLOCH, MITCHELSON-Dundee
                      > >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                      [www.debticated.com]

                    • Sam Daniel
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 18, 2001
                        Joanne,

                        Can you look up Daniel (William) in the Cruden area? Thanks in
                        advance.

                        Sam

                        --
                        Sam Daniel