McGlashan, Polson, Milne, Steele, Ogston, Robertson, Nicholson

  • ruthierules@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2001
      Hi, I'm new to this mailing list. I have just re-started researching
      my family history after a gap of about 8 years so am in a bit of a
      muddle as to where I am.

      My interest is mainly in the McGlashans from the Slains area.
      Associated names are POLSON, MILNE, STEELE, OGSTON, ROBERTSON,
      NICHOLSON. Once I get a bit more organised I will provide a rough
      outline of relationships. Basically my g.g. grandfather was John
      McGlashan, brewer and granite worker b. Slains 1815 to John McGlashan
      and Barbara McDonald m. Jane Steele in 1837 in parish of Rathen. He
      remarried after her death to his housekeeper, Ann Ogston, against the
      wishes of his family, and emigrated to Napier, New Zealand in 1870
      where he started a new branch of the McGlashan family. My aim is to
      find the rest of the McGlashans. I have old letters from a number of
      John's children and grandchildren which have enabled me to make sense
      of quite a few of the family relationships. I have searched your
      archives and came across the name of Marilyn Lacey who was also
      researching this McGlashan family, but see there has been no posting
      from her in a few years. I would like to make contact as it seems we
      have a lot in common! Enough for now. I look forward to being a part
      of your Peterhead group. (I've rambled on a bit, sorry!)

      Regards, Ruth Brown (nee McGlashan) Sydney, Australia