COWIE Surname

  • suttlesound@bigpond.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2001
      Hi everyone,

      I am new to this list and am posting some of my interests. Any info
      or advice will be gratefully received.

      My grandfather was William Bruce COWIE born Sept 1872 to William
      Bruce and Margaret Keith COWIE (nee BOOTH). I think he was an only
      child and orphaned at an early age. As yet I have no info on his
      parents death. I only know they don't appear on the 1881 census.

      My ggrandfather was William Bruce COWIE born Oct 1847 to Alexander
      and Elizabeth COWIE (nee BRUCE). They also had the following
      children:-
      Alexander 1849
      John 1851
      Jean Reid 1853
      Mary Turner 1855
      James Bruce 1857
      Elizabeth Webster 1859
      Peter Henderson 1861
      Robert 1864

      My other interests include BRUCE, REID, BOOTH, COUSINS and TURNER

      Sue