Elizabeth Birnie

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
      For : Anne Watson

      Hi Anne,
      Ref. your question about Elizabeth Birnie.(Married to William Carnegie?).
      Her parents were Charles Birnie (Ship's Captain)(Born 1835, Died 1905) & Elizabeth Martin.(Born 1837, Died 1917)
      I think they may have lived at 32 St.Mary Street.

      Charles Birnie's parents were John Birnie (Butcher)(Born 1809, died 1864) & Elspet Hall (Born 1807, Died 1897)
      John Birnie was from the Parish of Cruden. Elspet Hall lived in the village of Boddam (Peterhead Parish).

      Elizabeth Martin's parents were John Martin (Shipmaster) & Margaret Watt

      The Martins link in directly to my Family Tree through my mother's side of the family. THe Birnies and the Martins were very close and there were other marriages between those families.
      Let me know if you need any more information. I would be pleased to hear what information you have on Elizabeth Birnie.

      Best Regards...........................................Alex Ritchie

    • don.esslemont@paradise.net.nz
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
        I have a Christian Birnie, born in Rathen about 1846 who married an
        Andrew Esslemont in 1871 in Rathen

        Also a Georgia Anna Birnie, who married a Peter Esslemont in 1857,
        location unknown.

        I would be very grateful for any information about either of these.

        Regards,

        Don

        Don Esslemont, Director
        Decision Research Ltd, Box 5530 Wellington New Zealand
        Phone: (64 4) 499 2040 Fax: (64 4) 499 2080
        Mobile: (64 2) 144 8769 Home:(64 6) 325 8409
        email: don@... http://www.decision.co.nz