James Hubert Kinloch (1864-1950)

  • Robert Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2001
      My maternal greatgrandfather, James Hubert Kinloch,
      was, according to an obituary in an Ontario, Canada
      newspaper, "in his 87th year and was born at
      Peterhead, Scotland, his parents being the late James
      M. Kinloch and his wife, the late Cynthia O'Hara."
      My mother says, and I have seen one letter to
      substantiate this, that he was a "remittance man",
      that he squandered his money, that this fact was
      reported back to his family in Scotland, and that he
      was subsequently "cut off".
      His wife was Effie Milligan, and he married before
      1889 (probably 1888). i do not know when he emigrated
      to Canada.
      Any information on any of the abovementioned
      individuals would be gratefully received.

      Robert Taylor
      robttaylor@...