Forbes family history

  • julieblakey74@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2001
      I have just started researching my family history and have this
      information for the site.
      My grandmother Catherine Mary Forbes was born at 10 Seagate,
      Peterhead on 7 May 1901. Her parents were George Forbes who I think
      came from Aberdeen and Janet Smith who was from the Shetland Isles.
      They had a large family and it seems that Catherine was the only one
      born in Peterhead the rest were born in Shetland. I also know that
      George Forbes was a cooper.
      Tentative info also that I have is that George's parents were George
      Forbes and Isabella Robertson but I have yet to verify this, and that
      in 1881 George was living at 33 Longate, Peterhead with his wife, and
      children Keith, George and Christina.
      A fellow researcher has also sent me info from the IGI records of a
      marriage on 7/10/1874 between a George Forbes and Isabella Milne
      which further muddies the waters!