Bennett's from Peterhead

  • marlene.g@scotland.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2001
      My maternal grandfather was born at30 Kirk Street Peterhead on
      16/9/1901, his name was William Buchan Bennett, his parents were Ann
      Wood and Frederick Bennett. My grandfather was always known as "Buff"
      because he met Buffalo Bill when he was young. His father was known
      as Yankee Fred, the man who painted sparrows because his hobby was
      breeding canaries, he had a brother who was a sea captain and
      possibly a relative who owned "Bennett's bar" in West Hartlepool.

      My grandfather moved to Glasgow where he married Mary Connor. My
      mother's maiden name was Jean Bennett, she married Jimmy Williamson
      and had 5 children including 2 sets of twins.

      Any information would be welcome and contact with any of the family
      would be wonderful.

      Thank you in advance, Marlene Graham.