Kirk Street, Peterhead

  • Joanne Pye
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2001
      Hi there and happy easter to you all,

      Was wondering if someone with a little knowledge of Peterhead could help
      answer a few questions about Kirk Street for me?

      Over a period of approximately 10 years (so far) from 1856 to 1865 I have
      documentation that lists 4 events at various buildings on that street, and
      all concerning the same family.

      Firstly I have the death of my 5th Great Grandmother, Janet KINLOCH nee
      WATSON in 1856. She died at 75/10 Kirk Street, Peterhead.

      Her husband Andrew KINLOCH died 3 years later 1859 at 55 Kirk Street. In
      1857 their Great Grandson Charles KINLOCH later MILNE was born at 75/10 Kirk
      Street.

      Just to really keep me on my toes, their son, and Charles' Grandfather James
      KINLOCH died in 1865 at 36 Kirk Street!!!

      I'd be really grateful if someone could describe the type of housing along
      that street and what the street number 75/10 is referring to?

      I would love to know anything about the street at that time, and I'm hoping
      that there may have been more of the family living around there at the same
      time.

      Thanks a lot for your time, and I hope you are all well.

      Joanne
      Researching:
      MILNE, KINLOCH, SMITH, ANGUS- Aberdeen
      KINLOCH, WATSON, SMITH-Glasgow