Re: [Peterhead] Seamen's tickets - Peterhead, Aberdeen

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 14, 2001
      Hi Joanne,

      Joanne Pye wrote:

      > James KINLOCK* b1809 - Peterhead, ABD
      > George JACK b1828 - Peterhead, ABD
      > J. C------- COWIE b1826 - Peterhead, ABD
      > Jas Shand KINLOCH* -b1832 Peterhead, ABD

      Could I get the information on these ones please. I will add them to
      the database I'm keeping on Peterhead Seamen.

    • Joanne Pye
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 14, 2001
        Hi Liz,

        Taken from the Register of Seamen's tickets:

        No. of 101.232
        Charles Penny
        Born at Rathen in the
        County of Aberdeen 16 day of March 1829
        Capacity ...it looks like it may be Carpenter
        Height 5ft 11
        Issued at Peterhead 16 day of July 1849

        If you'd like to look at this yourself, please just let me know, as I've
        scanned it and can send you it if you like. You never know, you may have
        more luck with reading it!

        Hope this helps a little
        Joanne