Re: [Peterhead] Port of Many Prows

  • nancy johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 13, 2001
      --- Alex Ritchie <alex@...>
      wrote:
      > To : Friends/Fellow-Researchers in Australia
      >
      > Does anyone own, or have access to, a book by Wilson
      > P.Evans called "Port of Many Prows" ?
      > This, I understand, is a history of Williamstown.
      >
      > I believe in this book is a reference to an Andrew
      > Simpson Heriot (An ancestor of mine) and I would be
      > interested to know why he is mentioned in this book.
      >
      > If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate
      > it................................Alex Ritchie
      >
      > >Please your email address to me. Mine is
      gjohnso9@...
      Thank you,
      Garry Johnson
      > removed]

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • Alex Ritchie
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 17, 2001
        To : Fellow-researchers in Australia

        Hello Again,
        Further to my previous message about the book "Port of Many Prows", I believe that the reference to Andrew Simpson Heriot is on Page 181 of this book.
        Once again, any details about what they say about my ancestor would be greatly appreciated.
        Also, what is said about George Birnie on Page 94 would be of great interest.

        Many Thanks...............................Alex Ritchie