RE: [Peterhead] Seamen's tickets - Peterhead, Aberdeen

  • Liz Tregonning
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2001
      Dear Joanne,
      Can you give me any information about the Charles Penny in this list,
      please. The date of birth is correct, so you have read the difficult
      writing!
      Thanks, Liz Tregonning

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 13, 2001
        --- Liz Tregonning <liz@...> wrote:
        > Dear Joanne,
        > Can you give me any information about the Charles
        > Penny in this list,
        > please. The date of birth is correct, so you have
        > read the difficult
        > writing!
        > Thanks, Liz Tregonning

        the worng email address. Mine is
        gjohnso9@...

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 14, 2001
          Hi Joanne,

          Joanne Pye wrote:

          > James KINLOCK* b1809 - Peterhead, ABD
          > George JACK b1828 - Peterhead, ABD
          > J. C------- COWIE b1826 - Peterhead, ABD
          > Jas Shand KINLOCH* -b1832 Peterhead, ABD

          Could I get the information on these ones please. I will add them to
          the database I'm keeping on Peterhead Seamen.

        • Joanne Pye
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 14, 2001
            Hi Liz,

            Taken from the Register of Seamen's tickets:

            No. of 101.232
            Charles Penny
            Born at Rathen in the
            County of Aberdeen 16 day of March 1829
            Capacity ...it looks like it may be Carpenter
            Height 5ft 11
            Issued at Peterhead 16 day of July 1849

            If you'd like to look at this yourself, please just let me know, as I've
            scanned it and can send you it if you like. You never know, you may have
            more luck with reading it!

            Hope this helps a little