Port of Many Prows

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2001
      To : Friends/Fellow-Researchers in Australia

      Does anyone own, or have access to, a book by Wilson P.Evans called "Port of Many Prows" ?
      This, I understand, is a history of Williamstown.

      I believe in this book is a reference to an Andrew Simpson Heriot (An ancestor of mine) and I would be
      interested to know why he is mentioned in this book.

      If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it................................Alex Ritchie

    • nancy johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 13, 2001
        --- Alex Ritchie <alex@...>
        wrote:
        > To : Friends/Fellow-Researchers in Australia
        >
        > Does anyone own, or have access to, a book by Wilson
        > P.Evans called "Port of Many Prows" ?
        > This, I understand, is a history of Williamstown.
        >
        > I believe in this book is a reference to an Andrew
        > Simpson Heriot (An ancestor of mine) and I would be
        > interested to know why he is mentioned in this book.
        >
        > If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate
        > it................................Alex Ritchie
        >
        > >Please your email address to me. Mine is
        gjohnso9@...
        Thank you,
        Garry Johnson
        > removed]

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Alex Ritchie
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 17, 2001
          To : Fellow-researchers in Australia

          Hello Again,
          Further to my previous message about the book "Port of Many Prows", I believe that the reference to Andrew Simpson Heriot is on Page 181 of this book.
          Once again, any details about what they say about my ancestor would be greatly appreciated.
          Also, what is said about George Birnie on Page 94 would be of great interest.

          Many Thanks...............................Alex Ritchie