  • E M Lothian
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 8, 2001
      James Hutchison (brother to my ancestor George, who lived at Cruden) was
      born in 1760 at Kinmundie and died 22 July 1844 at Peterhead. He was a
      Wheelwright, apprenticed in 1778 to Alexander Robertson, Wheelwright in
      Peterhead. James married Isabel Bruce (born 1791 at Brexhill, Old Deer) on
      18 April 1819. As he was so much the elder it seems possible that he had
      had a previous marriage.

      I've only traced three children:(1)George bc.1819 d.1844 Peterhead. He had
      been a soldier in the 3rd Battalion RA, and died of consumption.

      (2) Ann Hutchison (bc.1827) m.1844 John Webster, Ships Carpenter.
      Children:Ann P. b.1846; John b.1848; Isabella b.1851; Robert Bruce Hutchison
      b.1857; George Bruce Hutchison b.1859 d.1862; Jemima Brown b.1863 d.1864).
      Family last traced in Aberdeen.

      (3)Robert Bruce Hutchison (bc.1827 Peterhead d.1903 Faichfield House,
      Peterhead). He was a Grain Merchant and married Helen Wallace in 1857.
      They had no children and, Robert dying first, Helen left her goods and
      property to the children of her sister Ann Wallace who had married William
      Grant. They were Mrs Helen Grant or Murray, widow, with lifetime use of all
      heritable and moveable estate and thereafter to go to Helen Murray's
      children: Alexander Percy Murray, Robert Bruce Hutchison Murray and William
      Salmon Murray. Helen Wallace's nephew Thomas Wallace Grant had the rent
      free use of the photographic studio owned by her, and this was to continue.

      There may well have been more children whom I haven't discovered. If anyone
      has any connections with the above, I have more details.

      Eileen Lothian
    • nancy johnson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2001
        --- E M Lothian <eileen@...> wrote:
        > James Hutchison (brother to my ancestor George, who
        > lived at Cruden) was
        > born in 1760 at Kinmundie and died 22 July 1844 at
        > Peterhead. He was a
        > Wheelwright, apprenticed in 1778 to Alexander
        > Robertson, Wheelwright in
        > Peterhead. James married Isabel Bruce (born 1791 at
        > Brexhill, Old Deer) on
        > 18 April 1819. As he was so much the elder it seems
        > possible that he had
        > had a previous marriage.
        >
        > I've only traced three children:(1)George bc.1819
        > d.1844 Peterhead. He had
        > been a soldier in the 3rd Battalion RA, and died of
        > consumption.
        >
        > (2) Ann Hutchison (bc.1827) m.1844 John Webster,
        > Ships Carpenter.
        > Children:Ann P. b.1846; John b.1848; Isabella
        > b.1851; Robert Bruce Hutchison
        > b.1857; George Bruce Hutchison b.1859 d.1862; Jemima
        > Brown b.1863 d.1864).
        > Family last traced in Aberdeen.
        >
        > (3)Robert Bruce Hutchison (bc.1827 Peterhead d.1903
        > Faichfield House,
        > Peterhead). He was a Grain Merchant and married
        > Helen Wallace in 1857.
        > They had no children and, Robert dying first, Helen
        > left her goods and
        > property to the children of her sister Ann Wallace
        > who had married William
        > Grant. They were Mrs Helen Grant or Murray, widow,
        > with lifetime use of all
        > heritable and moveable estate and thereafter to go
        > to Helen Murray's
        > children: Alexander Percy Murray, Robert Bruce
        > Hutchison Murray and William
        > Salmon Murray. Helen Wallace's nephew Thomas
        > Wallace Grant had the rent
        > free use of the photographic studio owned by her,
        > and this was to continue.
        >
        > There may well have been more children whom I
        > haven't discovered. If anyone
        > has any connections with the above, I have more
        > details.
        >
        > Eileen Lothian
        >
        >>Please your email address to me. Mine is
        gjohnso9@...
        Thank you,
        Garry Johnson

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/