Re: [Peterhead] Hello to all!

  • Bruce Milne
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 2, 2001
      Dear Sylvia,

      What a pleasure it was to spot your note on the Peterhead net. I
      knew your father quite wel and, if I'm not mistaken, met your mother at my
      sister Barbara's funeral in January of theis year. I can remember my
      father Peter Milne packing us into his old car and heading up to your
      parents place somewhere in LaSalle between 87th and 101st streets. Bill Coo
      my father called him.

      I had an e-mail from my cousin in Peterhead after my sister's death
      and I think he mentioined your parents. They are the John Hays and Mary's
      maiden name was Cowe if I'm not mistaken.

      There were a bunch of Scotsmen in Niagara Falls that I think wee
      quite close friends and I remember the Shredded Pipe band in which my
      father and Uncle Bill played along with Jimmy Garscadden, Jock McKay, Bob
      wWallace, Jim Park, etc

      Are you still in Niagara Falls. I left and have been in Toronto
      for the past 37 years.

      Drop a line if you get a chance

      Bruce Milne
    • Bruce Milne
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 27, 2001
        Dear Sylvia,

        Some time ago we werre in communication re the aul' Peterhead folk....I
        trust you recall. Since then I've had a call from a cousin of mine in
        Cruden Bay by the name of Margie Cowe who has been in touch with my
        father's sister ( my Auntie Chris) who is 96 and living by herself in
        Aberdeen. She ( they) are putting together a family history of the Milnes
        with a lot of input for the Cowes. My cousin Mary Hay ( nee Cowe) still
        lives in Peterhead and is involved as well. Let me know if you're
        interested in any fashion.

        Regards,

        Bruce
      • Busse
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 28, 2001
          Bruce,

          I myself is a descendent of the Milnes from Peterhead Aberdeen Scotland. Maybe we have a connection?

          Jamie
          Some time ago we werre in communication re the aul' Peterhead folk....I
          trust you recall. Since then I've had a call from a cousin of mine in
          Cruden Bay by the name of Margie Cowe who has been in touch with my
          father's sister ( my Auntie Chris) who is 96 and living by herself in
          Aberdeen. She ( they) are putting together a family history of the Milnes
          with a lot of input for the Cowes. My cousin Mary Hay ( nee Cowe) still
          lives in Peterhead and is involved as well. Let me know if you're
          interested in any fashion.

          Regards,

          Bruce

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Ken May
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 5, 2002
            Bruce,

            I'm also interested in the Milnes. John May married
            Janet Milne, at Millhead o'Cocklaw, on 02 Jun 1856.
            They were my great grandparents, emigrating, with
            their family, to New Zealand, in 1886.

            I don't have a lot on the Milne side of the family,
            although there are Milnes throughout New Zealand, even
            about 500 metres down the road.

            Regards

            Ken May

            --- Bruce Milne <brucemil@...> wrote:
            > Dear Sylvia,
            >
            > Some time ago we werre in communication re the aul'
            > Peterhead folk....I
            > trust you recall. Since then I've had a call from a
            > cousin of mine in
            > Cruden Bay by the name of Margie Cowe who has been
            > in touch with my
            > father's sister ( my Auntie Chris) who is 96 and
            > living by herself in
            > Aberdeen. She ( they) are putting together a family
            > history of the Milnes
            > with a lot of input for the Cowes. My cousin Mary
            > Hay ( nee Cowe) still
            > lives in Peterhead and is involved as well. Let me
            > know if you're
            > interested in any fashion.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Bruce

            Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
            http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/
          • Bruce Milne
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 6, 2002
              Ken, I'll be pleased to pass along wnything I get from my relatives in
              Peterhead and environs.

              Warm Regards,

              Bruce