May And Milne

  • Ken May
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
      Folks,

      I've included a photo with this email, which includes
      my grandfather, John Alexander May, born in Peterhead
      in 1870 and died in Wellington, New Zealand, in 1921.

      At the time of this J. Shivas photo, John Alexander
      May was probably about 10 years old.

      He was the son of John May (1828 - 1907), cooper and
      fish curer, and Janet (or Jannet) Milne (1836 - 1909),
      who were married at Millhead-o'Cocklaw.

      The older person in the photo is described as an
      "uncle", but may, or Milne, we can't determine.
      Because every other J. Shivas photo we have has been
      printed abundantly, we hope that someone out there may
      have seen another copy and be able to identify the
      "uncle".

      Regards

      Ken May,
      Kirwee,
      Canterbury,
      New Zealand

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2001
        Ken May wrote:

        > I've included a photo with this email, which includes
        > my grandfather, John Alexander May, born in Peterhead
        > in 1870 and died in Wellington, New Zealand, in 1921.

        Sorry Ken, but this newsgroup does not allow attachments, due to the
        risk of a virus.
        You can upload it to the newsgroup file area
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Peterhead