Re: [Peterhead] Digest Number 504

  • William Leslie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2001
      Hello Sylvia;
      James Rankin and Janet (Walker) Rankin were my great grandparents., their
      daughter Willimina, married my grandfather, William Leslie. The "boy who ran
      away" was my father William Leslie, although I have never heard him referred to
      as such. Dad went to sea at 14, roamed the world, and married my mother in
      Trinidad, where five of us were born. We lived in British Guiana, and my
      sisters lived in Peterhead for a time in the 50's before we all came to
      Canada. I would like to hear more from you, since I am trying to complete some
      family information. By the way, there are many of my cousins, descendants of
      the Rankins, still living in Peterhead. I have vivited there three times, and
      I am still trying to get the Rankin monument repaired. I have a photo showing
      the top of it lying on the ground. The lady in the picture is my aunt Jamesina
      Johansen, one of the lovely Leslie girls you mentionned. She lives in
      Minneapolis, and visits every Peterhead year.
      Regards
      William Leslie