John Blyth

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 17, 1998
      Wade, I have just read your Peterhead list of 1856 Deaths. Please will
      you send me more information on JOHN BLYTH birth 0. I have a VERY
      elusive 3x greatgrandfather of that name, and thats all I know about him
      except that he was a Silversmith in Edinburgh at the time of his
      marriage to Jane Banantine 14 Sept 1818. She was 22 at the time of the
      marriage. His first born--Walter is my 2x ggrandfather. I have paid a
      researcher to look at records for him and the suggestion was to look
      elsewhere in Scotland or NBL. Maybe this is him? Betty
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 1998
        Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes wrote:

        > Wade, I have just read your Peterhead list of 1856 Deaths. Please will
        > you send me more information on JOHN BLYTH birth 0. I have a VERY

        No.105, John Blyth, shipmaster (married) 13/10/1856 11h 30m am, Harbour
        of Peterhead on board "Star of Kircaldy", male, age not given, parents
        unknowm, cause: water in the chest had for three or four months, buried
        Peterhead, Allan S. Thomson undertaker, informant: Robert Grives? mate
        of "Star of Kirclady", present.