Re: James DAVIDSON & Mary CLARK

  • Alison Anderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2001
      After researching the FINNIE side of the family from Peterhead for so long, I've recently found that another branch of the family tree also comes from Peterhead.

      Can anyone help with information on a couple called James DAVIDSON & Mary CLARK. The only info that I have is that they were married 12 April 1829 in Peterhead. From the IGI I found that they had at least three children, William b. 1834; George b. c 1839 and Mary b 1840 all in Peterhead. Son George, a Seaman (Merchant Service) married Margaret CROMBIE 1865 in the Parish of Foveran. On George & Margaret's marriage certificate James DAVIDSON is described as a Mason's Labourer and it also indicates that both James and wife Mary were still alive at this time.

      Many thanks in advance.

      Alison

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2001
        Hi Alison,

        Alison Anderson wrote:

        > Can anyone help with information on a couple called James DAVIDSON &
        > Mary CLARK. The only info that I have is that they were married 12
        > April 1829 in Peterhead. From the IGI I found that they had at least
        > three children, William b. 1834; George b. c 1839 and Mary b 1840 all
        > in Peterhead.

        Peterhead 1851 Census
        District 11, Page 33, No.172, 87 King Street
        James Davidson, head, mar, 42, Peterhead
        Mary Davidson, wife, mar, 47, Peterhead
        George Davidson, son, 12, Peterhead
        Mary Davidson, daughter, 10, Peterhead

        Peterhead Deaths
        1871
        No.35, James Davidson, labourer, married to Mary Clark, died 28/2/1871
        about 9h pm at 2 King Street, male, aged 62 years, parents: James
        Davidson, Crofter (dead) and Isabella Davidson ms Milne (dead), cause:
        blank, informant: James Stewart, Nephew of Wife, not present, 3
        Constitution Street.

        1872
        No.30, Mary Davidson, widow of James Davidson, labourer, died 10/2/1872
        at 11h 30m pm, 45 Broad Street, female, aged 68 years, parents: John
        Clark, farmer (dead) and Janet Clark ms Annand (dead), cause: asthma,
        had for years, informant: William Leslie, son-in-law, present.

      • Alison Anderson
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 13, 2001
          Hi Wade,

          Once again many, many thanks.