Sims/McKenzies/Robbs

  • iandjreid@paradise.net.nz
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2001
      Hi All

      I am researching relatives from Peterhead and was lucky to stumble on
      this group when looking for historical information on Peterhead town.

      My GGGGF John Sim was christened in Banff 25 Dec 1806(!)and moved to
      Peterhead where he married Barbara Robb (c Peterhead 20 Jan 1810)on
      25 Mar 1830.

      One of their sons, James c 18 Oct 1832, my GGGF, married Jean/Joan
      Murdoch McKenzie (c 8 Sep 1831) on 29 Jun 1855.

      Their son John, my GGF, b 27 Apr 1862, married Isabella Whyte from
      Aberdour.

      Their son, my GF, Andrew Whyte Sim b 7 Aug 1889 emigrated from
      Peterhead to New Zealand when about 20 years old.

      From the death index on the Peterhead site I have discovered that
      Jean McKenzie's father was Murdoch McKenzie and her mother was Ann
      Sangster. The Lair Index has also been useful.

      I don't have death certificates for any of the people mentioned, and
      don't know if any other subscribers can help here with information.

      Do any of these names link in with the researches of other members of
      the group?

      Ian Reid
      New Zealand