Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead

  • colin collie
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2001
      >From: "Neil Elliott" <neilelliott21@...>
      >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
      >Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:10:56 GMT
      >
      >Sorry for the delay.
      >I have Margaret COLLIE b. 1833 Peterhead to Alexander COLLIE (Labourer) and
      >Margaret SOUTER. Alexander's father is John COLLIE and Margaret ROBB.
      >So there could be a connection seeing as there's a ROBB listed??
      >Neil
      >

      > >From: "colin collie" <crhc43@...>
      > >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
      > >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
      > >Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 18:42:29 BST
      > >

      > > >From: "Neil Elliott" <neilelliott21@...>
      > > >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
      > > >Subject: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
      > > >Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:45:09 GMT
      > > >
      > > >Searching for PARK family who moved to peterhead from Strichen in mid
      > > >1800's.
      > > >Also COLLIE family farmers of Berryhill, Peterhead.
      > > >Thanks
      > > >Neil

      > > >from crhc43@...
      > >
      > >Hi Neil,
      > >I have information on the Collie Families in Peterhead although they are
      > >not
      > >specificly farmers from Berryhill although there are connections to the
      > >farming community my greatgrandmothers father Willam Robb was farming in
      > >the
      > >1800's and the farm may have went to a Collie but I don't know. any help
      > >can give you just send me a message at above.
      > >all the best
      > >Colin Collie
      > > >

      >Hi Neil
      further to above I have found the following on Collies right back to the
      1600's My grandfather was Robert his father was Alexander Married to Martha
      Robb and his Father was Alexander Married to Mary Souter then it was John
      Collie married to Margaret Robb the it went to William Collie Married to
      Isobel McWilliams the it was George Collie married to Margaret Watson next
      was James Collie married to Christian Bannerman then there was James's
      Father Hierom and that is as far back as I have got James was born in 1674
      so it is difficult to get things as far back as records were not always kept
      Hope this is of interest to you.

      Colin