Re: [Peterhead] TAYLOR

  • Sam Daniel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2001
      As far as I can ascertain, the last whaler returned to Peterhead around
      1893.

      Sam
      (see Peterhead history at http://www.danielsd.demon.co.uk/petrhead.htm)

      PS watch the spelling of petrhead in the www link.

      In message <003501c07765$c0c7dda0$5d95893e@...>, Jackie Chimes
      <Jacques@...> writes

      --
      Sam Daniel
    • Liz Tregonning
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2001
        Dear Jackie,
        There was a Captain A. Taylor who commanded the 'Fairy' in 1857,
        and also the 'Clara' in 1858.
        The name Taylor doesn't appear against any other whalers that I know.
        Hope this helps anyway,
        Liz Tregonning

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 6, 2001
            Dear Liz
            I'm very new to family history research, so I have lots of checking to do,
            but it's quite likely that this is my GG Grandfather. Thank you for the
            information.
            Best wishes
            Jackie Chimes