Re: [Peterhead] crew agreements

  • Melissa J. Ellis
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 29, 2000
      Greetings your Yule family is not the family I am tracing , but I can
      tell you something as I have been researching in the Peterhead area.I
      find Christian and her family on the 1841 census , enumeration district
      8, film no1042667-crooked lane -Alexander Yule 30, cooper J.,Eliza 25,
      Alexander 5,Christian 3, John 10months.
      In the 1851 census, enumeration district 6, film 1042121, 39Crooked
      Lane-
      Eliza Yule 34 coopers wife, Alexander 14 scholar, Christian 12 scholar,
      Eliza 8 scholar, Helen Ann 6 scholar, Jessie 2.All born in Peterhead.
      1861census, enumeration district 1, film 103784 9 Coastal Lane -
      Eliza Yule Head 44 coopers wife, Eliza 18,William 9 scholar, James 6
      scholar, robert 2.All born in Peterhead. 1871census ,enumeration
      district 6, film 103395 8 Crooked Lane Eliza Yule Head 53coopers
      wife, Eliza 28 coopers daur, Jessie 22 coopers daur., James 16 scholar,
      Robert 13 scholar.All born in Peterhead.
      I haven't come across Robert Kean in the crew agreements but I will keep
      an eye out for
      him.....But on the Columbia a Alexander Yule 40 from Cruden a cooper
      served . I presume this is your Alexander . The last ship he served on
      was the Columbia departing that ship in Aug of 1854. From class BT 114
      Merchant Seamens Register Ticket numbers
      his # is 491651 Alex Yule Cruden. Hope this helps. Melissa

      .

      [Click Here!]

    • Ian and Lyn Tilbury
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 3, 2001
        Hi Melissa
        Thankyou so much, for your reply, about the Yule family, what you sent me
        has let me fill a little more on the family tree
        Do you have much about your William have you got the marriage [If you can
        tell me about your Yule family I might be able
        you if you like] I found a William who married Isobel Fraser 4/ jan./ 1835
        Peterhead
        There was a William who married Isabella Wilson 14/jan.1830 and a William
        who married Mary Fordyce22/may/1842
        IF you come across any of the Kean family thankyou for looking out for
        Robert [Seamen]
        By the way i think this is my Alexander Yule who married Eliza Urquhart
        28/june/1855
        they had a William Urquhart Yule born 3/june/1851 and a Robert born 29 /
        june/1858
        Look forward to hearing from you i live in Dunedin South Island New Zealand
        where are you ?
        Regards Lynley

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 7, 2001