Arbuthnots

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2000
      For ALL : Betty Miles has brought up a good point. For those that are interested, the Peterhead Registrar has moved from King Street to Arbuthnot House at the bottom end of Broad Street.

      For Betty Miles

      Betty,
      There is, in fact, a very good Arbuthnot web site (www.arbuthnot.freeserve.co.uk) which has a great deal of genealogical detail. I think you would find it very interesting.
      The Arbuthnots were significant land owners around Peterhead and have played a big part in the town's history. It sounds like there is a good possibility that you are connected to the same Arbuthnots, because most of them were inter-related.
      I'm not sure exactly when Arbuthnot House was built (and by whom), possibly some of our other subscribers would know ? In more recent times the house has been used as local council offices and headquarters, hence the re-location of the Registrar there.

      Best Regards................................Alex Ritchie

    • Ian and Lyn Tilbury
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 12, 2000
        Hi Alex
        I have taken this chance to wish you and your family a very happy Christmas
        and a happy New Year
        Everyone will be ready for a holiday and time for the family history for me
        at less to go on hold
        ----------------- Regards Lynley and Ian Tilbury