Re: [Peterhead] Beagrie name source

  • Sam Daniel
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 7, 2000
      For Debbie Cunningham,

      My family traces back to a James Daniel who married Margaret Hay 14th
      February 1846 in Cruden. So the answer has to be yes. I have not found
      where this Margaret Hay cam from.

      I also seem to remember that the Hays can from Perthshire and were
      someone related to the earls of Erroll. These had the castle at Slains
      which is in the Cruden area. Cruden Bay was originally called Port
      Erroll.

      Sam

      see also

      5. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index/BI
      Gender: F Birth: 1767 Of Cruden, Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland

      48. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 26 Nov 1708 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      51. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 8 May 1711 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      53. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 7 Sep 1712 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      56. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 31 Oct 1714 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      57. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 12 Jun 1715 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      59. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 9 Dec 1717 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      63. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 12 Dec 1720 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      73. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 2 May 1730 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      75. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 30 Jan 1732 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      76. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 30 Feb 1732 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      84. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 14 Nov 1741 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      86. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 9 Nov 1742 Ward, Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      87. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 14 Nov 1742 Tillymaud, Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      92. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 14 Mar 1745 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      97. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 19 Jun 1752 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      102. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 7 Feb 1765 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      104. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 16 Dec 1769 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      108. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 4 Apr 1773 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      109. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 1 Jan 1775 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      110. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 24 Sep 1775 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      117. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 25 Nov 1781 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      127. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 27 Apr 1796 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      162. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Christening: 20 Apr 1839 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      181. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Birth: 19 Oct 1857 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      182. Margaret Findlay HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Birth: 3 Dec 1857 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      222. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Birth: 2 Dec 1873 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      223. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Birth: 1874 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      269. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Marriage: 6 Jul 1708 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      270. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Marriage: 20 Jul 1708 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      274. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Marriage: 5 Dec 1717 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      280. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Marriage: 29 May 1729 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      286. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Marriage: 9 Sep 1736 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      319. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Marriage: 15 Sep 1792 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      320. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Marriage: 16 Sep 1792 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      325. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Marriage: 15 Feb 1800 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      355. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Marriage: 8 Jan 1840 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      361. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Marriage: 14 Feb 1846 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

      393. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
      Gender: F Marriage: 6 Jul 1709 Cruden, Brunt Hill, Aberdeen, Scotland

      --
      Sam Daniel
    • Sam Daniel
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 19, 2000
        Folks,

        I am now publishing some Peterhead related info at
        www.danielsd.demon.co.uk along with a start at my family tree.

        A Merry Christmas and a successful New Year to one and all.
        Special thanks to Wade.

        Sam

        Researching Daniel and Dick.
        --
        Sam Daniel
      • mr_beags2002
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 23, 2002
          -Hi Sam, I just happened to stumble across your message 1248 about
          the Beagrie origins.
          I have just started looking and got as far as 1740 (ish)
          Could you tell me more about your article eg the book it was in,
          where it is and the date as I think it in the late 1500's
          I have been looking at the IGI and am now struggling to get any
          further back and thought I might try for the begining instead.
          You can also get me on mr_beags@...

          Regards Jim