Diverall

  • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 1998

      > Any one any Divralls in their family? Would love to hear from you.
      > Jemimia Gordon Bruce.b. 12 Nov. 1873. d.6 Nov. 1938[both events in
      > Peterhead] Did she ever marry? Where I live I have no access to any
      > appropriate records.
      > Mother:- Jemimia Diverall
      > Father:- Charles Bruce
      > Betty Holmes.
    • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 1999
        Hi Wade, 2 requests please,
        1 John Slessor 1845-1863, father JohnSlessor and mother DIVERALL. Will
        you send me further information on this death please.
        2.Elizabeth DINNES wife of William DIVERALL died 22 Nov 1902 aged 85.He
        died2 Dec. 1905 aged 82. Ihave this information from an older relative
        who read it off a gravestone in one of the Peterhead graveyards. Do you
        know anything more about her. I tried the Peterhead research page but
        didn't find anything.
        Thank you, Betty.
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 20, 1999
          Hi Betty,

          Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes wrote:

          > 1 John Slessor 1845-1863, father JohnSlessor and mother DIVERALL. Will
          > you send me further information on this death please.

          No.181, John Slessor, cabinetmaker (apprentice), single, 21/11/1863 7h
          pm, 21 Castle Street, male, 18 years, parents: John Slessor, cooper and
          Isabella Slessor ms Diverall, cause: consumption, no regular medical
          attendant, informant: John Slessor, father, present.

          > 2.Elizabeth DINNES wife of William DIVERALL died 22 Nov 1902 aged 85.He
          > died2 Dec. 1905 aged 82. Ihave this information from an older relative
          > who read it off a gravestone in one of the Peterhead graveyards. Do you
          > know anything more about her. I tried the Peterhead research page but
          > didn't find anything.

          All I have is from the 1851 Census, district 11, page 33, No.147, Queen
          Street
          Elisabeth Diveral, head, mar, 40, wife of seaman, Peterhead
          Elisabeth Diveral, daughter, 7, Peterhead

          Regards, Wade.
        • Dr. Elizabeth B. Holmes
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 16, 1999
            Wade, A while ago you offeres to send all the Diveralls on the 1851
            census, at first I thought I had them all, but now I'm not sure I do ,so
            would appreciate receiving that info. Could you also for 1851 look at
            Berry Den under Wm Arbuthnot and see if Emday Diveral is there, or is
            she somewhere else in 1851. Many thanks, Betty.