Re:Morgans

  • Marjorie Gavin
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2000
      I am in the same position as Kele-Jane. I have a Mary Ann Morgan who married
      David Young. On her death certificate in 1887, her age was given as 76 and
      her father was given as George Morgan. The mother's name was unknown.

      Mary Ann was born in Longside. At one time I thought that she was the
      daughter of Peter Morgan and Isobel Sangster who were married in Longside in
      1807 and I have a note to say that Peter Morgan was possibly the son of
      George Morgan and Margaret Logan and was christened in Longside in 1786.
      There was a George Morgan christened there in 1779 and I wonder if he might
      be the brother of Peter and the father of my Mary-Ann. What a mystery.

      Marjorie

      : Kele-Jane McNamara <Sooty81@...>
      To: Peterhead@egroups.com <Peterhead@egroups.com>
      Date: 28 November 2000 15:15