Beagrie name source

  • Sam Daniel
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2000
      I am currently following up the history of the Cruden Bay area and cam e
      across the following account.

      "Looking inland to Fountainbleau farm (near Cruden Bay) that got its
      European name when Francis, Earl of Erroll returned from exile he
      brought with him a French servant by the name of Beaugre. The servant
      was later given the lease to the farm and named it in memory of his
      native France. The family name Beagrie is still common in the area."

      --
      Sam Daniel
    • Garry & Debbie
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 7, 2000
        Hello Sam,

        Have you come across any HAY'S in Cruden Bay. My John HAY married Jane WATT
        October 13, 1832 at Cruden. Jane WATT was baptised August 10, 1810 at
        Peterhead and her family appear to have been from that region. The HAY'S
        were fishermen at Cruden & the WATT'S fishermen at Peterhead.

        Debbie Cunningham

        Sam Daniel wrote:

        > I am currently following up the history of the Cruden Bay area and cam e
        > across the following account.
        >
        > "Looking inland to Fountainbleau farm (near Cruden Bay) that got its
        > European name when Francis, Earl of Erroll returned from exile he
        > brought with him a French servant by the name of Beaugre. The servant
        > was later given the lease to the farm and named it in memory of his
        > native France. The family name Beagrie is still common in the area."
        >
        > --
        > Sam Daniel

      • Sam Daniel
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 7, 2000
          For Debbie Cunningham,

          My family traces back to a James Daniel who married Margaret Hay 14th
          February 1846 in Cruden. So the answer has to be yes. I have not found
          where this Margaret Hay cam from.

          I also seem to remember that the Hays can from Perthshire and were
          someone related to the earls of Erroll. These had the castle at Slains
          which is in the Cruden area. Cruden Bay was originally called Port
          Erroll.

          Sam

          see also

          5. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index/BI
          Gender: F Birth: 1767 Of Cruden, Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland

          48. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 26 Nov 1708 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          51. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 8 May 1711 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          53. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 7 Sep 1712 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          56. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 31 Oct 1714 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          57. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 12 Jun 1715 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          59. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 9 Dec 1717 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          63. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 12 Dec 1720 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          73. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 2 May 1730 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          75. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 30 Jan 1732 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          76. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 30 Feb 1732 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          84. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 14 Nov 1741 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          86. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 9 Nov 1742 Ward, Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          87. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 14 Nov 1742 Tillymaud, Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          92. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 14 Mar 1745 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          97. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 19 Jun 1752 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          102. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 7 Feb 1765 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          104. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 16 Dec 1769 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          108. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 4 Apr 1773 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          109. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 1 Jan 1775 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          110. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 24 Sep 1775 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          117. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 25 Nov 1781 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          127. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 27 Apr 1796 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          162. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Christening: 20 Apr 1839 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          181. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Birth: 19 Oct 1857 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          182. Margaret Findlay HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Birth: 3 Dec 1857 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          222. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Birth: 2 Dec 1873 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          223. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Birth: 1874 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          269. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Marriage: 6 Jul 1708 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          270. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Marriage: 20 Jul 1708 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          274. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Marriage: 5 Dec 1717 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          280. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Marriage: 29 May 1729 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          286. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Marriage: 9 Sep 1736 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          319. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Marriage: 15 Sep 1792 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          320. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Marriage: 16 Sep 1792 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          325. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Marriage: 15 Feb 1800 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          355. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Marriage: 8 Jan 1840 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          361. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Marriage: 14 Feb 1846 Cruden, Aberdeen, Scotland

          393. Margaret HAY - International Genealogical Index
          Gender: F Marriage: 6 Jul 1709 Cruden, Brunt Hill, Aberdeen, Scotland

          --
          Sam Daniel
        • Sam Daniel
          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 19, 2000
            Folks,

            I am now publishing some Peterhead related info at
            www.danielsd.demon.co.uk along with a start at my family tree.

            A Merry Christmas and a successful New Year to one and all.
            Special thanks to Wade.

            Sam

            Researching Daniel and Dick.
            --
            Sam Daniel
          • mr_beags2002
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 23, 2002
              -Hi Sam, I just happened to stumble across your message 1248 about
              the Beagrie origins.
              I have just started looking and got as far as 1740 (ish)
              Could you tell me more about your article eg the book it was in,
              where it is and the date as I think it in the late 1500's
              I have been looking at the IGI and am now struggling to get any
              further back and thought I might try for the begining instead.
              You can also get me on mr_beags@...

              Regards Jim