Buchan Brogue

  • Sam Daniel
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 29, 2000
      Well done! You almost got it.

      I was looking for "My shoes are hurting my ankles"

      mi - my
      bachles - shoes (although I suppose it has a lot in common with buckle
      shoes)
      gie - give
      kweets - ankles
      jip or jyp - (nagging) pain

      I must admit that one of the problems I have is with the phonetics on
      how to write this done and hence gip or gyp. It could also be written
      jep as in j in Jenny and ep as in yep

      Sam

      In message <000e01c0562c$86f92ac0$b2357bd5@r3drn>, Allan Harrop
      <a.harrop@...> writes