Re: [Peterhead] Morgans in Peterhead

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2000
      Hi Kele-Jane,

      Welcome to the list.

      Kele-Jane McNamara wrote:

      > A particular Morgan I am searching for information on is George Mackie
      > Morgan b. 23rd July 1855 in Peterhead who's father and Mother were
      > George Morgan and Ann Allan of Peterhead.

      If you don't have the birth certificate for George, then you should get
      this one or even the details from the LDS films, as this is the first
      year of registration and gives quite a bit of extra information,
      especially for the parents.

      This could be your George, but you would need proof.
      Peterhead 1851 Census
      District 17, Page 1, No.2, Middletown Clerkhill
      George Morgan, servant, 19, Longside
      Christian Morgan, servant, 21, Longside

      Head of the household is Thomas Alexander, 28, Cruden