Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead Churches

  • Ian and Lyn Tilbury
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 12, 2000
      .>FOR ALEX RITCHIE
      > Hi Alex
      Thanks so much for your reply , this was one of the things i have been
      trying to find out about for sometime
      Peterhead Marriage
      No 53, 13/10/1863 at Backgate , Church of Scotland , Joseph Kean ship
      carpenter, bach, age 23
      Errol Street, parents Robert Kean carter [dead] and Helen Kean ms Scott
      married Ann J. Leslie
      spin, aged 27 Backgate, parents, Alexander Leslie, cooper [dead] and Mary
      Leslie ms Leask
      Witnesses William Leslie and John H Leslie

      So yes well before you time this was 1863 this looks like it was the Leslie
      church with them in the area living
      I wonder when it open and when it closed as a church of scotland if you can
      find out that whould be great
      Now Robert Kean married Christian Yule on the 22 of August 1859 at Crooked
      Lane Church
      That gives you some idea of when there was one in Crooked Lane you may me
      able to find about it now
      Hope you are all well
      Regards Lynley