Re: [Peterhead] Re: Milne

  • Linda Adam
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2000
      Bruce,

      I live in Kitchener,Ontario.

      This past Tuesday I received a phone call from Joan Pert, Alva,
      Clackmannanshire, Scotland.
      Joan is the daughter of Ann (Milne) Sanderson. Joan provided me with the
      following information.

      Ann Milne was born about 1913 in Peterhead and will soon be turning
      87 years old. She is living in a nursing home in Peterhead and is in
      frail health.

      When Ann was 3 or 4 years old her mother died. There was a large family
      of about eight children left in the care of their father, Robertson
      Milne. The younger children were sent to live and be raised in the care
      if relations. Ann went to live with her aunt, Ann (Milne)Wedderburn and
      her husband Alexander Wedderburn ( my half G Uncle) at 27 Prince Street,
      Peterhead.

      I extracted the following from the 1881 Peterhead Census and IGI:

      17 St. Peter Street

      Robertson Milne Head, House Joiner, age 32, married, born Old Deer
      b.17.07.1848
      (parents: James Milne & Christian Davidson, married 01.11.1835 Old Deer)

      married Jane Anderson 22.06.1871, Old Deer (parents James Anderson &
      Margaret Hutton)

      Jane Milne Wife, age 30 , born Monquhitter b. 15.12.1850 bap.
      09.02.1851
      Maggie J. Milne Dau, age 9 , b. 22.11.1871 Peterhead
      Christina Milne Dau, age 7 , b. 18.06.1873 Peterhead
      Robertson Milne Son, age 5, b. 1876 Peterhead ** father of Anne
      (Milne) Sanderson
      Ann Milne Dau, age 2, b. 1879 Peterhead (married Alexander Wedderburn)

      James A.A. Milne Son, age 8mo., b. 1880 Peterhead

      Hopefully this is of some help to those researching Milne. If anyone has
      a connection to Ann (Milne) Wedderburn please let me know as I have
      copies of two letters she wrote to relatives and would be happy to
      share.

      Regards,
      Linda Adam