Morrison,Ritchie,Mundie

  • Morrison, William
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2000
      I have recently joined the group and am interested in the above mentioned
      names, the details I have discovered so far are shown below:

      David Ritchie Christened 10th October 1784 Old Deer
      Married
      Elizabeth Mundie
      Daughter Mary Ritchie Born Peterhead

      Married 6th June 1840, Peterhead
      Alexander Morrison Born Peterhead Alexander's Mother was Ann .......

      Children
      Alexander Born Peterhead 1842
      David Born Peterhead 1843?
      Ann Born Peterhead 1844?
      Elizabeth Born Peterhead 1846?
      Barbara Born Peterhead 1848 died Peterhead 1856
      Martha Magdelin Born Peterhead 1850?

      They lived in No 4 Westertown according to the 1851 census
      Son
      George Born Peterhead 1857 Died Peterhead 1912 My Grandfather

      Married (1) Aberdeen 1885
      Lilly or Lillias Stewart born Peterhead 1861 died 1886
      Son
      Charles Born Peterhead 1886 Died 1940 New South Wales, Australia

      Married (2) Hawick 1903
      Elizabeth Marshall Born Edinburgh 1871 Died 1955 Peterhead My Grandmother
      Children
      Helen Taylor Born Peterhead 1904 Died Peterhead 1985
      William James Marshall Born Peterhead 1907 Died Woolwich, England 1980

      I would be very interested if anyone could make any connections with
      these people or tell me when Alexander died and who his parents were. They
      had approximately 12 children as did their eldest son Alexander so there
      must be quite a number of Morrisons out there somewhere. Some of them went
      to Australia and New Zealand.

      Bill Morrison
    • royflett
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17 1:35 PM
        U was interseted in your information on the children of David Ritchie
        and Elizabeth Mundie. One of the children was called Martha Magdelin
        Ritchie.

        My ancestor Ann Mundie who was born Crimond and died 1872 Peterhead,
        had a sister called Dollie Mundie. I assumed Dollie was short for
        Dorothy but now find that she was actually Magdeline. Dollie was born
        1785 and died 1857 Peterhead so would have been alive when Martha was
        baptised.

        As this is an uncommon Christian name in itself it seems more than a
        coincidence that an Elizabeth Mundie should have a child with
        magdelin in her name in Peterhead at a similar time.

        The parents of Ann and Dollie are John Mundie and Margaret Presslie m
        1785 Lonmay. Any information on your Elizabeth Mundie would be
        appreciated.