Kinhgorns

  • Allan Harrop
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 23, 2000
      Hi all,
      Has anyone come across the KINGHORN surname in their researches?
      I have come to a dead end and wondered if anyone had come across any
      witnesses of this name. All I know is that I have connected all the Kinghorns
      in Aberdeenshire back to a single family in Berwickshire--- except my ancestor.
      Alexander Kinghorn was married to Christian Midleton (no marriage record)
      Children had middle names SIM and JOHNSTONE
      When she died he married Margaret Ledingham 1852 Peterhead
      middle names of children STEPHEN and SMITH
      Alexander's death cert states that his parents were Adam Kinghorn and Margaret Stephen.
      I can not find any trace of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Eileen Harrop

    • Nancy Visima
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 23, 2000
        Eileen, I have Kinghorns in Aberdeenshire--born in Strichen, Longmay,
        Longside and Old Deer--as follows:

        John KINGHORN, son of Adam KINGHORN & Jean COCKER
        b. ca 1824, Longside, Aberdeen, Scotland
        d. bef 1905, Longside, Aberdeen, Scotland
        & Margaret AITKEN
        b. abt 1824, Old Deer, Aberdeen, Scotland
        d. 24 Feb 1904, Old Deer, Aberdeen, Scotland
        Ch. 14 Jul 1824, Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
        m. 9 Sep 1843, New Deer, Aberdeen, Scotland

        Children:
        1 Alexander KINGHORN
        b. abt 1844, Strichen, Aberdeen, Scotland
        & Isabella MACKIE
        b. abt 1847
        m. 4 Dec 1869, Udny, Aberdeen, Scotland

        2 Jean KINGHORN
        b. abt 1849, Strichen, Aberdeen, Scotland

        3 Isabella KINGHORN
        b. abt 1852, Strichen, Aberdeen, Scotland
        & John REID
        b. ca 1850, Aberdeen?, Scotland
        m. 14 Dec 1872, Strichen, Aberdeen, Scotland

        4 Ann KINGHORN
        b. 4 Jan 1855, Lonmay, Aberdeen, Scotland

        5 John KINGHORN
        b. 4 Jan 1855, Lonmay, Aberdeen, Scotland

        6 John KINGHORN
        b. 4 Nov 1857, Old Deer, Aberdeen, Scotland

        7 George KINGHORN
        b. 4 Oct 1861, Strichen, Aberdeen, Scotland

        8 Margaret KINGHORN
        b. 11 Jun 1864, Strichen, Aberdeen, Scotland

        9 Adam KINGHORN
        b. 26 Jun 1867, Strichen, Aberdeen, Scotland

        10 Margaret KINGHORN
        b. 23 Feb 1869, Strichen, Aberdeen, Scotland

        >Hi all,
        >Has anyone come across the KINGHORN surname in their researches?
        >I have come to a dead end and wondered if anyone had come across any
        >witnesses of this name. All I know is that I have connected all the Kinghorns
        >in Aberdeenshire back to a single family in Berwickshire--- except my
        >ancestor.
        >Alexander Kinghorn was married to Christian Midleton (no marriage record)
        >Children had middle names SIM and JOHNSTONE
        >When she died he married Margaret Ledingham 1852 Peterhead
        >middle names of children STEPHEN and SMITH
        >Alexander's death cert states that his parents were Adam Kinghorn and
        >Margaret Stephen.
        >I can not find any trace of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
        >Eileen Harrop

        Nancy Visima
        Toronto, Ontario, Canada
        nvisima@...
      • Allan Harrop
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 24, 2000
          Thanks Nancy, I have records of these Kinghorns. Adam's parents were Adam
          Kinghorn and Helen Miller
          From Berwickshire, who were the ancestors of all the Kinghorns in
          Aberdeenhsire in the early 1800's, except mine!
          Thanks again, Eileen

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 4, 2000
            Hi Eileen,

            Allan Harrop wrote:

            > Has anyone come across the KINGHORN surname in their researches?
            >
            > Alexander Kinghorn was married to Christian Midleton (no marriage
            > record)

            Only one Kinghorn family in the 1851 census for Peterhead. Alexander
            and children. Have I sent this to you already?

          • Allan Harrop
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 9, 2000
              Hi Wade,
              Thanks for checking, You have sent me the details already
              Thanks again
              Eileen