Polson / Hector

  • Marilyn Lacey
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 1998
      Hello,

      I have searched further into my McGlashan records and found Jane MCGLASHAN
      b. 1841 Peterhead, married a POLSON (first name unknown). Their children were
      JEanie Polson 1868
      Anne Polson 1871
      William Polson 1870
      John Polson 1872
      James Polson 1874
      George Polson 1876

      Jane's brother John MCGLASHAN married a Jane POLSON (possibly a brother and
      sister marrying a sister and brother) and another brother George MCGLASHAN b
      1845 Peterhead married a Maggie POLSON. I believe this family may have
      emigrated to the USA as George died in Maine, USA in 1885.

      Any Polson information would be welcome.

      Marilyn Lacey
      Brisbane, Australia
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 8, 1998
        Hi Marilyn,

        I didn't find any Polson records in Peterhead. The Polson/McGlashan
        marriages were in Monquhitter, Abd which suggests they may have come
        from there.

        Researching ancestors from Peterhead, Aberdeenshire?
        Visit Peterhead Genealogy http://axs.com.au/~wsb