Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead

  • Neil Elliott
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 7, 2000
      Hi David
      my Park family left Strichen before 1880. They had a farm near New Leeds
      called trufhillock. There were other related Park's all over Strichen. What
      info do you have?
      I have some census records and photos of headstones from Peterhead and
      Strichen cemeteries.
      Neil

      >From: "David Matthew" <dmatt@...>
      >To: <Peterhead@egroups.com>
      >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
      >Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 21:02:47 +0100
      >
      >Neil
      >
      >I have some information on the Park families up to 1880 in Strichen, do you
      >know when they left Strichen?.

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Neil Elliott
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 7, 2000
        Hi
        I have a John Park who was a farmer in Strichen. I know his son Alexander
        moved to Peterhead some time before 1870. I don't think his son John was old
        enough to witness a cert. before he then moved to Aberdeen.
        Hope this is clear?
        Neil

        >From: "David Wallace" <dwallace@...>
        >To: <Peterhead@egroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
        >Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:49:49 -0700

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Neil Elliott
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 12, 2000
          Sorry for the delay.
          I have Margaret COLLIE b. 1833 Peterhead to Alexander COLLIE (Labourer) and
          Margaret SOUTER. Alexander's father is John COLLIE and Margaret ROBB.
          So there could be a connection seeing as there's a ROBB listed??
          Neil

          >From: "colin collie" <crhc43@...>
          >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
          >Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 18:42:29 BST
          >

          > >From: "Neil Elliott" <neilelliott21@...>
          > >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
          > >Subject: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
          > >Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:45:09 GMT
          > >
          > >Searching for PARK family who moved to peterhead from Strichen in mid
          > >1800's.
          > >Also COLLIE family farmers of Berryhill, Peterhead.
          > >Thanks
          > >Neil
          > >from crhc43@...
          >
          >Hi Neil,
          >I have information on the Collie Families in Peterhead although they are
          >not
          >specificly farmers from Berryhill although there are connections to the
          >farming community my greatgrandmothers father Willam Robb was farming in
          >the
          >1800's and the farm may have went to a Collie but I don't know. any help i
          >can give you just send me a message at above.
          >all the best
          >Colin Collie

          http://profiles.msn.com
        • Neil Elliott
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 12, 2000
            Hi David,
            my line left Strichen before 1857, but as I said Peter, John Robert and
            William PARK all stayed in Strichen. I know Mains of Kindrought was one
            place as well as Trufhillock that they lived in.
            Does this help?
            Neil

            >From: "David Matthew" <dmatt@...>
            >To: <Peterhead@egroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
            >Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 21:02:47 +0100
            >
            >Neil
            >
            >I have some information on the Park families up to 1880 in Strichen, do you
            >know when they left Strichen?.

          • colin collie
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 12, 2000
              from Colin Collie crhc43@...
              reply to Peterhead@egroups.com
              subject Park Collie families in Peterhead
              date Tue.12/9/2000 1800hrs gmt

              Margaret Collie married Alexander Park on 12/2/1857 at Peterhead she was
              born in 1834 to parents Alexander Collie and Mary Soutter and had brothers
              Alexander 19/10/1828 - 1/11/1891, James 1832, Robert april 1828 - 7/2/1869
              and John born 1835 Parents Alexander born 1801 in St fergus and died
              8/4/1855 and Mary Soutter Christened 17/11/1803 Cruden and died 4/1/1875 in
              Peterhead they were married 15/2/1827.
              Mary Soutters parents were William Soutter born 28/6/1766 in Cruden and Mary
              Gibson no details they were married 6/11/1803. Alexander Collies parents
              were John Collie born 10/10/1773 in Inveravon and died 17/10/1855 St Fergus
              and his wife Margaret Robb christened 28/4/1776 in St Fergus and died
              4/4/1861 in St fergus
              Mgt Robbs parents were Alexander Robb & Ann Moir christened 11/12/1752 St
              Fergusand her parents were Patrick Moir christened 6/8/1721 in Behelvie and
              Christine Fiddler they were married 2/7/1740 in Slains and his Parents were
              Alexander Moir and Jean Burnett married 30/5/1698 in Aberdeen
              John Collie's Parents were William Collie & Isobel McWilliam and he had
              brothers Peter c 12/3/1775, Alexander 17/6/1770, William 7/1/1761 James
              12/4/1767 and a Sister Isobel 2/6/1774.
              Hope this is of some help I also have details of extended family so let me
              Know if I can help also details of places of Burial
              All the best
              Colin

              http://profiles.msn.com