Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead

  • David Wallace
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2000
      From: "Neil Elliott" <neilelliott21@...>
      To: <Peterhead@egroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 6:45 AM
      Subject: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead

      > Searching for PARK family who moved to peterhead from Strichen in mid
      > 1800's.
      > Also COLLIE family farmers of Berryhill, Peterhead.
      > Thanks
      > Neil

      > http://profiles.msn.com

      Hi Neil
      I am researching my Wallace line in N.E. Scotland and have several in
      Strichen. My ggrandparents John Wallace and Isabella Shirras
      were married in Strichen, August 14, 1862. The witnesses are listed as
      Alexander Shirras and JOHN PARK. I believe that the Park name appears
      elsewhere in my data base but I have been unable to trace the name as yet.
      My grandmother, Isabella Sutherland lived in Peterhead and the Park name may
      have been in this line.
      Regards
      Dave Wallace
    • David Matthew
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2000
        Neil

        I have some information on the Park families up to 1880 in Strichen, do you
        know when they left Strichen?.
        > Searching for PARK family who moved to peterhead from Strichen in mid
        > 1800's.
        > Also COLLIE family farmers of Berryhill, Peterhead.
        > Thanks
        > Neil

        > http://profiles.msn.com

      • Neil Elliott
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 7, 2000
          Hi David
          my Park family left Strichen before 1880. They had a farm near New Leeds
          called trufhillock. There were other related Park's all over Strichen. What
          info do you have?
          I have some census records and photos of headstones from Peterhead and
          Strichen cemeteries.
          Neil

          >From: "David Matthew" <dmatt@...>
          >To: <Peterhead@egroups.com>
          >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
          >Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 21:02:47 +0100
          >
          >Neil
          >
          >I have some information on the Park families up to 1880 in Strichen, do you
          >know when they left Strichen?.

          http://profiles.msn.com
        • Neil Elliott
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2000
            Hi
            I have a John Park who was a farmer in Strichen. I know his son Alexander
            moved to Peterhead some time before 1870. I don't think his son John was old
            enough to witness a cert. before he then moved to Aberdeen.
            Hope this is clear?
            Neil

            >From: "David Wallace" <dwallace@...>
            >To: <Peterhead@egroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
            >Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:49:49 -0700

            http://profiles.msn.com
          • Neil Elliott
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 12, 2000
              Sorry for the delay.
              I have Margaret COLLIE b. 1833 Peterhead to Alexander COLLIE (Labourer) and
              Margaret SOUTER. Alexander's father is John COLLIE and Margaret ROBB.
              So there could be a connection seeing as there's a ROBB listed??
              Neil

              >From: "colin collie" <crhc43@...>
              >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
              >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
              >Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 18:42:29 BST
              >

              > >From: "Neil Elliott" <neilelliott21@...>
              > >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
              > >Subject: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
              > >Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:45:09 GMT
              > >
              > >Searching for PARK family who moved to peterhead from Strichen in mid
              > >1800's.
              > >Also COLLIE family farmers of Berryhill, Peterhead.
              > >Thanks
              > >Neil
              > >from crhc43@...
              >
              >Hi Neil,
              >I have information on the Collie Families in Peterhead although they are
              >not
              >specificly farmers from Berryhill although there are connections to the
              >farming community my greatgrandmothers father Willam Robb was farming in
              >the
              >1800's and the farm may have went to a Collie but I don't know. any help i
              >can give you just send me a message at above.
              >all the best
              >Colin Collie

              http://profiles.msn.com
            • Neil Elliott
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 12, 2000
                Hi David,
                my line left Strichen before 1857, but as I said Peter, John Robert and
                William PARK all stayed in Strichen. I know Mains of Kindrought was one
                place as well as Trufhillock that they lived in.
                Does this help?
                Neil

                >From: "David Matthew" <dmatt@...>
                >To: <Peterhead@egroups.com>
                >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
                >Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 21:02:47 +0100
                >
                >Neil
                >
                >I have some information on the Park families up to 1880 in Strichen, do you
                >know when they left Strichen?.

              • colin collie
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 12, 2000
                  from Colin Collie crhc43@...
                  reply to Peterhead@egroups.com
                  subject Park Collie families in Peterhead
                  date Tue.12/9/2000 1800hrs gmt

                  Margaret Collie married Alexander Park on 12/2/1857 at Peterhead she was
                  born in 1834 to parents Alexander Collie and Mary Soutter and had brothers
                  Alexander 19/10/1828 - 1/11/1891, James 1832, Robert april 1828 - 7/2/1869
                  and John born 1835 Parents Alexander born 1801 in St fergus and died
                  8/4/1855 and Mary Soutter Christened 17/11/1803 Cruden and died 4/1/1875 in
                  Peterhead they were married 15/2/1827.
                  Mary Soutters parents were William Soutter born 28/6/1766 in Cruden and Mary
                  Gibson no details they were married 6/11/1803. Alexander Collies parents
                  were John Collie born 10/10/1773 in Inveravon and died 17/10/1855 St Fergus
                  and his wife Margaret Robb christened 28/4/1776 in St Fergus and died
                  4/4/1861 in St fergus
                  Mgt Robbs parents were Alexander Robb & Ann Moir christened 11/12/1752 St
                  Fergusand her parents were Patrick Moir christened 6/8/1721 in Behelvie and
                  Christine Fiddler they were married 2/7/1740 in Slains and his Parents were
                  Alexander Moir and Jean Burnett married 30/5/1698 in Aberdeen
                  John Collie's Parents were William Collie & Isobel McWilliam and he had
                  brothers Peter c 12/3/1775, Alexander 17/6/1770, William 7/1/1761 James
                  12/4/1767 and a Sister Isobel 2/6/1774.
                  Hope this is of some help I also have details of extended family so let me
                  Know if I can help also details of places of Burial
                  All the best
                  Colin

                  http://profiles.msn.com