Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead

  • colin collie
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2000
      >From: "Neil Elliott" <neilelliott21@...>
      >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
      >Subject: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
      >Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:45:09 GMT
      >
      >Searching for PARK family who moved to peterhead from Strichen in mid
      >1800's.
      >Also COLLIE family farmers of Berryhill, Peterhead.
      >Thanks
      >Neil
      >from crhc43@...

      Hi Neil,
      I have information on the Collie Families in Peterhead although they are not
      specificly farmers from Berryhill although there are connections to the
      farming community my greatgrandmothers father Willam Robb was farming in the
      1800's and the farm may have went to a Collie but I don't know. any help i
      can give you just send me a message at above.
      all the best
      Colin Collie

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • David Wallace
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2000
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2000
          Neil

          I have some information on the Park families up to 1880 in Strichen, do you
          know when they left Strichen?.
          > Searching for PARK family who moved to peterhead from Strichen in mid
          > 1800's.
          > Also COLLIE family farmers of Berryhill, Peterhead.
          > Thanks
          > Neil

          > http://profiles.msn.com

        • Neil Elliott
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2000
            Hi David
            my Park family left Strichen before 1880. They had a farm near New Leeds
            called trufhillock. There were other related Park's all over Strichen. What
            info do you have?
            I have some census records and photos of headstones from Peterhead and
            Strichen cemeteries.
            Neil

            >From: "David Matthew" <dmatt@...>
            >To: <Peterhead@egroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
            >Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 21:02:47 +0100
            >
            >Neil
            >
            >I have some information on the Park families up to 1880 in Strichen, do you
            >know when they left Strichen?.

            http://profiles.msn.com
          • Neil Elliott
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2000
              Hi
              I have a John Park who was a farmer in Strichen. I know his son Alexander
              moved to Peterhead some time before 1870. I don't think his son John was old
              enough to witness a cert. before he then moved to Aberdeen.
              Hope this is clear?
              Neil

              >From: "David Wallace" <dwallace@...>
              >To: <Peterhead@egroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
              >Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:49:49 -0700

              http://profiles.msn.com
            • Neil Elliott
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 12, 2000
                Sorry for the delay.
                I have Margaret COLLIE b. 1833 Peterhead to Alexander COLLIE (Labourer) and
                Margaret SOUTER. Alexander's father is John COLLIE and Margaret ROBB.
                So there could be a connection seeing as there's a ROBB listed??
                Neil

                >From: "colin collie" <crhc43@...>
                >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
                >Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 18:42:29 BST
                >

                > >From: "Neil Elliott" <neilelliott21@...>
                > >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
                > >Subject: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
                > >Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:45:09 GMT
                > >
                > >Searching for PARK family who moved to peterhead from Strichen in mid
                > >1800's.
                > >Also COLLIE family farmers of Berryhill, Peterhead.
                > >Thanks
                > >Neil
                > >from crhc43@...
                >
                >Hi Neil,
                >I have information on the Collie Families in Peterhead although they are
                >not
                >specificly farmers from Berryhill although there are connections to the
                >farming community my greatgrandmothers father Willam Robb was farming in
                >the
                >1800's and the farm may have went to a Collie but I don't know. any help i
                >can give you just send me a message at above.
                >all the best
                >Colin Collie

                http://profiles.msn.com
              • Neil Elliott
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 12, 2000
                  Hi David,
                  my line left Strichen before 1857, but as I said Peter, John Robert and
                  William PARK all stayed in Strichen. I know Mains of Kindrought was one
                  place as well as Trufhillock that they lived in.
                  Does this help?
                  Neil

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 12, 2000
                    from Colin Collie crhc43@...
                    reply to Peterhead@egroups.com
                    subject Park Collie families in Peterhead
                    date Tue.12/9/2000 1800hrs gmt

                    Margaret Collie married Alexander Park on 12/2/1857 at Peterhead she was
                    born in 1834 to parents Alexander Collie and Mary Soutter and had brothers
                    Alexander 19/10/1828 - 1/11/1891, James 1832, Robert april 1828 - 7/2/1869
                    and John born 1835 Parents Alexander born 1801 in St fergus and died
                    8/4/1855 and Mary Soutter Christened 17/11/1803 Cruden and died 4/1/1875 in
                    Peterhead they were married 15/2/1827.
                    Mary Soutters parents were William Soutter born 28/6/1766 in Cruden and Mary
                    Gibson no details they were married 6/11/1803. Alexander Collies parents
                    were John Collie born 10/10/1773 in Inveravon and died 17/10/1855 St Fergus
                    and his wife Margaret Robb christened 28/4/1776 in St Fergus and died
                    4/4/1861 in St fergus
                    Mgt Robbs parents were Alexander Robb & Ann Moir christened 11/12/1752 St
                    Fergusand her parents were Patrick Moir christened 6/8/1721 in Behelvie and
                    Christine Fiddler they were married 2/7/1740 in Slains and his Parents were
                    Alexander Moir and Jean Burnett married 30/5/1698 in Aberdeen
                    John Collie's Parents were William Collie & Isobel McWilliam and he had
                    brothers Peter c 12/3/1775, Alexander 17/6/1770, William 7/1/1761 James
                    12/4/1767 and a Sister Isobel 2/6/1774.
                    Hope this is of some help I also have details of extended family so let me
                    Know if I can help also details of places of Burial
                    All the best
                    Colin

                    http://profiles.msn.com