PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead

  • Neil Elliott
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2000
      Searching for PARK family who moved to peterhead from Strichen in mid
      1800's.
      Also COLLIE family farmers of Berryhill, Peterhead.
      Thanks
      Neil

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • colin collie
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2001
        >From: "Neil Elliott" <neilelliott21@...>
        >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
        >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
        >Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 12:10:56 GMT
        >
        >Sorry for the delay.
        >I have Margaret COLLIE b. 1833 Peterhead to Alexander COLLIE (Labourer) and
        >Margaret SOUTER. Alexander's father is John COLLIE and Margaret ROBB.
        >So there could be a connection seeing as there's a ROBB listed??
        >Neil
        >

        > >From: "colin collie" <crhc43@...>
        > >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
        > >Subject: Re: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
        > >Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 18:42:29 BST
        > >

        > > >From: "Neil Elliott" <neilelliott21@...>
        > > >To: Peterhead@egroups.com
        > > >Subject: [Peterhead] PARK, COLLIE families of peterhead
        > > >Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:45:09 GMT
        > > >
        > > >Searching for PARK family who moved to peterhead from Strichen in mid
        > > >1800's.
        > > >Also COLLIE family farmers of Berryhill, Peterhead.
        > > >Thanks
        > > >Neil

        > > >from crhc43@...
        > >
        > >Hi Neil,
        > >I have information on the Collie Families in Peterhead although they are
        > >not
        > >specificly farmers from Berryhill although there are connections to the
        > >farming community my greatgrandmothers father Willam Robb was farming in
        > >the
        > >1800's and the farm may have went to a Collie but I don't know. any help
        > >can give you just send me a message at above.
        > >all the best
        > >Colin Collie
        > > >

        >Hi Neil
        further to above I have found the following on Collies right back to the
        1600's My grandfather was Robert his father was Alexander Married to Martha
        Robb and his Father was Alexander Married to Mary Souter then it was John
        Collie married to Margaret Robb the it went to William Collie Married to
        Isobel McWilliams the it was George Collie married to Margaret Watson next
        was James Collie married to Christian Bannerman then there was James's
        Father Hierom and that is as far back as I have got James was born in 1674
        so it is difficult to get things as far back as records were not always kept
        Hope this is of interest to you.

        Colin