Kak virus

  • Joanne Pye
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31 8:28 PM
      Hi everyone,

      Not sure what the procedure for this is, but I detected the kak virus in a
      message from the Peterhead list this evening (UK time 8.15pm).

      I have used my virus checker and also the removal program downloaded from
      one of the recommended websites.

      I'm confident that I don't have it anymore, but thought you all should know
      as you will have all received the same message.

      I'd just like to thank everyone who gave advice as to what to do if they
      come across this viruses. With your help, I updated my virus files and
      downloaded the patch from Microsoft, and have been able to prevent
      disruption to my machine.

      Thanks again, and if there is a procedure for notifying people in events
      like this, please just let me know because I'm new to the handling of
      viruses.
      Joanne