KAK Virus

  • Alex Ritchie
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 11:11 AM
      For : Eve Coppen

      Sorry this topic has taken over this forum but, hopefully, we'll flush it all out.

      Eve,  you certainly need to repair the AUTOEXEC.BAT file and the REGISTRY because that's what this virus infects. It's not hard to do as long as you are EXTREMELY careful when altering the REGISTRY. This can be done manually or, there are are couple of good sites which gives you an executable file which will fix it automatically. I preferred the manual method. Take a look at the following sites :

      http://www.getvirushelp.com/kak/info.ssi
      hppt://www.pchell.com/internet/kakworm.shtml

      They all tell you basically the same thing. If you following their instructions exactly you should be able to disinfect you machine successfully.

      Good Luck. Sorry we've had these problems..................Alex Ritchie