1851 census

  • Joanne Pye
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 30, 2000
      Hi all!

      Could sks please help me with finding a few people on the 1851 census?

      I'm hoping to find a couple.  Charles MILNE and Mary SMITH.  I'm not certain that they will be in the area, but hoping they are as their son was there then.  They will be around 40 I'd imagine, as their son was 20 at sea.

      I'd also be so grateful, if sks could tell me where Andrew KINLOCH and Janet WATSON were living in the area.  Andrew would be 84 years and Janet, 82 years.

      I'm hoping to get a place of birth for Andrew from this, and would be very very grateful.

      Thank you all, and I hope you are all well.
      Joanne
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 22, 2000
        Hi Joanne,

        Joanne Pye wrote:

        > Many apologies if this in an inappropriate ask, but I was wondering if
        > you
        > could supply me with the details of any KINLOCH families that appear
        > in your 1851 census?

        This is the place to ask. Sorry there are no others in Peterhead, only
        the one family which you said you already have.

      • Joanne Pye
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 22, 2000
          Hi Wade

          Many apologies if this in an inappropriate ask, but I was wondering if you
          could supply me with the details of any KINLOCH families that appear in your
          1851 census?

          I have the details for James and his wife Helen, that you kindly gave me a
          while back, but would be really grateful for any others as I'm working under
          the assumption that most of them were related.

          Thank you very much Wade, I really appreciate all of your help.

          Hope you are well.
          Joanne
        • Joanne Pye
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 23, 2000
            Wade

            OK, thanks a lot for that. Looks like we didn't belong there really!! The
            search goes on.

            Thanks again
            Joanne
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 12, 2000
              greg&susan wrote:

              > Just recieved 3 rd great grand mothers death extract,ann (CARDNO )
              > THOMPSON.Parants john CARDNO and christina WALLACE.Can you look up
              > 1851 census for them and also on death index on peterhead site their
              > deaths are in it ,Christina CARDNO d.1860 and also there is a john
              > CARDNO d.1861 on the index can you look to see if that was
              > christina's husband.

              1851 Peterhead Census
              District 13, page 25, No.130, 65 Kirk Street
              Jannet Milne, head, 44, St.Fergus
              Christian Milne, daughter, 15, Peterhead
              George Milne, son, 12, Peterhead
              Jannet Milne, daughter, 9, Peterhead
              Christian Cardno, mother, 74, Peterhead

              No.142, Christina Cardno widow of John Cardno, mason, died 2/8/1860 3h
              pm at 25 Kirk Street, female, 85 years old, parents: James Wallace,
              shoemaker (dead) and Janet Wallace ms Robertson, cause: organic heart
              disease, informant: ? Ross?, grandson, not present.

              The John Cardno death in 1861 in not the one. Christina was a widow and
              the death is for a John Cardno tailor widower of Margaret Clark.

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 5, 2002
                Hi Cindy,

                cindygus2001 wrote:

                > Robert Warrender (born in the late 1700's? perhaps b.1797 d. 1868)
                > and his wife, Eliza(beth) Walls or Wells (perhaps b.1794 d.1857).
                > They were both, I think, born in Peterhead. Somehow I would like to
                > see if they are the parents of James Warrender (b.1825? d.1898).

                District 1, Page 8, No.15, Ship Row
                Robert Warrender, head, , married, 51, Cooper, Lonmay
                Elisa Warrender, wife, married, 53, Rosehearty
                Mary Warrender, daughter, unmar, 17, Peterhead
                John Warrender, son, unmar, 15, Ship Cooper, Peterhead

                No James in the 1851 census.

                No Warrender in the 1801 census for Peterhead.

              • cindy
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 6, 2002
                  Thank you, Wade, for your time.

                  Your research is very helpful. I think this is the Robert Warrender I am looking for. Apparently the Warrenders had a farm at Longside as well as homes in Peterhead so some members stayed at the farm and some in town working as coopers and fishcurers.

                  I will keep searching for James (b.1825 d.1898) to be certain that he truly is the son of the above Robert and Eliza.

                  Thanks again,

                  Cindy

                • i.l.tilbury
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 6, 2002
                    Dear Cindy
                    Is this family related to the Benzie family , let me know if you know that .
                    I have a Benzie with the Warrender as a middle name
                    Lyn
                    > Your research is very helpful. I think this is the Robert Warrender I am
                    looking for. Apparently the Warrenders had a farm at Longside as well as
                    homes in Peterhead so some members stayed at the farm and some in town
                    working as coopers and fishcurers.

                    > I will keep searching for James (b.1825 d.1898) to be certain that he
                    truly is the son of the above Robert and Eliza.

                    > Thanks again,
                    >
                    > Cindy

                    > Peterhead Genealogy at http://www.axs.com.au/~wsb/

                  • dmatt
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 7, 2002
                      Lyn,

                      Is this family related to the Benzie family , let me know if you know that .
                      >I have a Benzie with the Warrender as a middle name

                      I am interested in the Benzie/s families (mine came from Deskford,
                      Banffshire). Would you like to exchange information?.

                      David

                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 7, 2002
                        Dear Lyn,

                        I have not found a Benzie yet, but I have just begun to try to find the relatives. If I find a Benzie I'll let you know.

                        Cindy

                      • i.l.tilbury
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 7, 2002
                          Cindy
                          I have Eliza Warrender B. Abt. 1879.
                          Married 28 Dec. 1898 in Peterhead Aberdeen , src; Marr Peterhead
                          1898/232-1/98; D. 24 April 1951 in Aberdeen , SCR;confirmation and
                          Inventories 1951
                          The Benzie is Ian Warrender Benzie
                          A man some time ago sent a whole lot of Benzie familys
                          I have a Ann Kean my family married to a James Benzie
                          On this paper there is a Dr Robert James
                          Benzie married to Ruth van Gelder
                          The family came from Oyne in Aberdeenshire
                          Lyn
                          ==================================

                        • Scotshldy@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 19, 2002
                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 28, 2002
                              Hi John,

                              john ingleton wrote:

                              > Please could you search your 1851 database for my ancestors. Georgina
                              > FOSTER born in Peterhead 1846/47, she was 19 in August 1866. Her
                              > parents were John FOSTER and Janet FOSTER. John FOSTER's occupation
                              > was a seaman/sailor/whaler.

                              1851 Peterhead Census
                              District 8, Page 4, No.21, North Street
                              Jessie Cambell, head, unmar, 28, Peterhead
                              John Foster, son, 8, Portgarden, Banff
                              Georgina Foster, daughter, 5, Peterhead
                              Isabella Foster, daughter, 3, Peterhead
                              Alexander Foster, son, 6 months, Peterhead

                              No.20 (could be related)
                              Isabella Campbell, head, widow, 57, Buckie, Banff
                              Jane Campbell, daughter, unmar, 23, Peterhead
                              Mary Campbell, daughter, unamr, 15, Peterhead

                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 10, 2002
                                Hi Cindy,

                                jim and cindy gustafson wrote:

                                > Hello,When you have time, please will you tell me if you have a
                                > William Dougal(l) living in Peterhead in 1851.Thank you.Cindy
                                > Gustafson

                                District 9, Page 14, No.79, Backgate Street
                                William Dougal, head, 53, Dumblains (probably Dumblane), Perthsire
                                Ann Dougal, wife, 58, Fraserburgh
                                Ann Dougal, daughter, 20, Fraserburgh
                                Peter Dougal, son, 16, Fraserburgh

                                wife's maiden name is Rennie..

                              • Sam Daniel
                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 12, 2002
                                  Hi Wade,

                                  Any chance that you look to see if any Daniels are buried in the
                                  St Peter's Churchyard.

                                  Best wishes
                                  --
                                  Sam Daniel

                                  researching Daniel, Dick and Strachan
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Nov 21, 2002
                                    Hi Sam,

                                    Sam Daniel wrote:

                                    > Hi Wade,
                                    >
                                    > Any chance that you look to see if any Daniels are buried in
                                    > the
                                    > St Peter's Churchyard.

                                    Sorry for the delay.

                                    Lair A42
                                    Ann Daniel, age 84, date of burial: 8/3/1845
                                    Margaret Webster, age 75, date of burial: 21/4/1847
                                    William Noble, age 79, date of burial: 22/11/1858