Missing from census?

  • Joanne Pye
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23 11:40 AM
      Hello everyone,

      Hoping you may be able to offer an answer to my question.  Recently I received a link via a list, for the website http://www.ancestralfindings.com, which is offering free lookups of the 1851 census of the UK.  I have just received my lookup, but it is not the person I'm looking for.

      I was hoping to find Andrew KINLOCH m to Janet WATSON.  I know that they died during 1859 and 1856 in Peterhead, Aberdeen, as this was the info that Wade kindly sent me.  They were both quite old when they died, aged 92 and 87 years.  However, the return for Andrew was for a 44 year old man.  I was informed by the person who did the lookup that this was the only Andrew KINLOCH listed.  Whilst I realise that this man could be a relative of my Andrew, it is clear that he is not the man I'm looking for.

      I would be very interested to know if there could be an explanation as to why my ancestor was not listed, or if it was likely to just be a mistake.

      Thank you all,
      Joanne
      Searching: MILNE, KINLOCH, SMITH
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2000
        Hi Joanne,

        Joanne Pye wrote:

        > I was wondering though, in the information you very kindly gave me
        > regarding my KINLOCH's deaths, did they state any place of birth, or
        > will that only appear on the certificates?

        The information I gave you was the details from the death certificates.
        I don't transcribe when and where registered and the person that
        certified cause of death.

      • Joanne Pye
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 10, 2000
          Hi Wade

          Thanks for your reply, that's fine. Just thought is was worth a try!

          Thanks again and I hope you are well.
          Joanne
          Researching:MILNE,KINLOCH-Peterhead
          SMITH,MILNE-Rest of Aberdeen