Allans

  • cmosfets@msn.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 21, 2000
      To all my fellow Peterhead Researchers

      As a introduction, my name is Jim Allan and I reside in New York
      State USA. For the passed three years I have been researching the
      Allans of Peterhead. The first of my ancestors came from Longside to
      Peterhead abt. 1798. Almost all the males were seaman, mates and
      shipmasters working at the whaling trade. Another inportant part of
      my family is the Wallaces. They first came to Peterhead from Dublin
      Ireland in the early 1880s

      I hope to have a web site on line by mid-September. At present I have
      936 names and 216 families. As always there are many blanks. This is
      where I hope you can help. If you have any Allans or Wallaces in your
      family by marriage or other please let me know.

      Between 1760 and 1899 there were about 180 Allans Born in Peterhead
      and Longside. Many of the names I'm sure are part of my family but as
      yet have not found the connection. I'm sure there is a shirt tail
      cousin out there and it may be you.

      Cheers
      Jim