Re: [Peterhead] Kean & Benzie

  • I Tilbury
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2000

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 2:31 PM
      Subject: Re: [Peterhead] Kean & Benzie

      Hi Lynley

      I Tilbury wrote:

      I think I have told you that James Benzie DIED AT SEA , but how can I find out HOW
      The death is usually recorded in the parish that the ship returns to after its voyage and will also be found it the ships crew agreement.

      Which means that you would need to know the year and preferably the name of the ship, either from a headstone or newspaper article.

      Regards, Wade.

      Hi Wade

      Thanks for the above , as it says as far as i know on the head stone died at sea does not help much .

      So now i wonder if i give you the date if someone could take a look at the papers for me , the date on the head stone

      says 21st of APRIL 1901

                                              REGARDS LYNLEYPeterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/

    • Nicholas J. Moir
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2000
        Lynley

        If James Benzie died at sea on the 21st of April 1901, the full details will
        be on his death certificate.  Surely that is the best information available
        to you as it will give the time, place, date, the cause, usual residence
        etc, etc.

        Take care,

        Nick  Moir
        Aberdeenshire & Angus Ancestors
        nimo@...

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2000

          >>> Please can you find out if you can about the ship ECLIPSE
          >>> Who else was on that ship , maybe there was a KEAN
          >>> And what the word SEPECTIOEER means
          >>> And anything else anyone can add
          REGARDS LYNLEY