Re: [Peterhead] Kean & Benzie

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2000
      Hi Lynley

      I Tilbury wrote:

      I think I have told you that James Benzie DIED AT SEA , but how can I find out HOW
      The death is usually recorded in the parish that the ship returns to after its voyage and will also be found it the ships crew agreement.

      Which means that you would need to know the year and preferably the name of the ship, either from a headstone or newspaper article.

      Regards, Wade.

    • I Tilbury
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2000

        Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 2:31 PM
        Subject: Re: [Peterhead] Kean & Benzie

        Hi Lynley

        I Tilbury wrote:

        I think I have told you that James Benzie DIED AT SEA , but how can I find out HOW
        The death is usually recorded in the parish that the ship returns to after its voyage and will also be found it the ships crew agreement.

        Which means that you would need to know the year and preferably the name of the ship, either from a headstone or newspaper article.

        Regards, Wade.

        Hi Wade

        Thanks for the above , as it says as far as i know on the head stone died at sea does not help much .

        So now i wonder if i give you the date if someone could take a look at the papers for me , the date on the head stone

        says 21st of APRIL 1901

                                                REGARDS LYNLEYPeterhead Genealogy at http://axs.com.au/~wsb/

      • Nicholas J. Moir
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 8, 2000
          Lynley

          If James Benzie died at sea on the 21st of April 1901, the full details will
          be on his death certificate.  Surely that is the best information available
          to you as it will give the time, place, date, the cause, usual residence
          etc, etc.

          Take care,

          Nick  Moir
          Aberdeenshire & Angus Ancestors
          nimo@...

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11, 2000

            >>> Please can you find out if you can about the ship ECLIPSE
            >>> Who else was on that ship , maybe there was a KEAN
            >>> And what the word SEPECTIOEER means
            >>> And anything else anyone can add
            REGARDS LYNLEY