Re: [Peterhead] Peterhead Seamen

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
      Hi again,

      Joanne Pye wrote:

      I have heard that there is a list of seamen at the end of the 1851 census, and was wondering if someone could tell me what information these entries include as I have no idea!
      I have not come across a section in the 1851 for Peterhead that covers Seamen.
      In particular, I would be very interested and grateful if sks could tell me if the following men are listed on it.  These are: CHARLES MILNE    b1830 approx. Merchant Seaman.   Maybe living with a MARY SMITH (his mother) or WILLIAM MILNE (his father) but not necessarily both.
      See previous message.  Charles was at sea during the 1851 census.  Milne is a common name in Peterhead, so I would need an age of William or Mary to help find them, if they are in Peterhead during the census.