Re: [Peterhead] Jane Innes

  • malcolm.simpson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2000
      To Alex.Richie.
      Hi Alex,
              Many thanks for both your messages. The plot thickens!
      The lettering Suotter as you say doesn't make sense. I would certainly believe that if G.Simpson had died at sea his body would not have been brought home.So maybe it is some connection with a disused local place?
          For instance I can not find Premnay on any of my maps - you will have to help me there! Certainly by the census records Jane was born in Macduff. Pesumably her father William Innes sen.was in Peterhead as he is witness to his grand-daughter Ann's baptism 28th.Nov.1824.If you have any other information on Jane's parents I should be delighted to know.
       I was wondering whether the two Simpsons, Wm. and Jas. mentioned as coopers in the 1825/26 Pigot Directory in Marischal Street could have any connection to George and maybe lead me to his Father?
        Have you visited Newburgh Churchyard yet?
      Best Wishes, Malcolm.