862Re: Collie/ Buchan Family Tree

    Mar 24, 2000
      Hi Colin,

      colin collie wrote:

       side,I have got back to my great grandfather who was Alexander Collie who was married to a Martha Robb I have dates of Birth & Marriage but no
      I didn't find your Alexander Collie in the 1851 census, but I did find Martha Robb.

      1851 Peterhead Census
      District 16, page 11, No.32, Grange
      William Robb, head, 42, Peterhead
      Isabella Robb, wife, 47, Crimond
      William Robb, son, 13, Peterhead
      Martha Robb, daughter, 12, Peterhead
      John Robb, son, 10, Peterhead
      James M. Robb, son, 7, Peterhead
      George Robb, son, 4, Peterhead
      Mary Robb, daughter, 2, Peterhead

      page 15, omission
      George Smith, brother-in-law, Cruden

      Peterhead Deaths
      Part 2, No.24, William Robb, farmer, married, 26/12/1857 0h 5m am at St.Catherine's, male, 55 years, parents: John Robb, gardener (deceased) and Elizabeth Robb ms Fraser (deceased), cause: Ossification of the valves of the heart, had for the years, informant: William Robb, son, present.

      I have another 4 deaths with parents John Robb and Elizabeth Fraser, are you interested?

      No.47, John Robb, farm servant, single, 10/5/1862 at 7h pm Collielaw, male, 22 years, parents: William Robb, farmer (dead) and Isabella Robb ms Smith, cause: Inflammation of the windpipe, had for 2 days, William Robb, not present, Monyray?, Longside.

      I didn't transcribe the occupation when indexing.

      James Buchan and he was married to Mary Forman or foreman, my grandmother
      was Jane and she was born in 1876 and she married Robert Collie son of
      Alexander & Martha Collie.
      I didn't find anything in my records on your James Buchan and Mary Forman.  Can I ask how you got the maiden name of Mary Forman?  Was it from Jane's birth or marriage certificate?

      The reason I ask is that I looked at the 1881 Census Index and found only one Jane born 1876 Peterhead with parents James and Mary. But having look at the IGI, I found that children Christian, Betst, James parents were James Buchan and Mary Buchan.

      Dwelling: 7 Harbour St
       Census Place: Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Source: FHL Film 0203464     GRO Ref    Volume 232-1    EnumDist 10    Page 20
       Marr Age Sex Birthplace
      James BUCHAN M 40  M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Head
       Occ: Fisherman
      Mary BUCHAN M 39  F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Wife
      Christian BUCHAN   15  F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Daur
       Occ: (Fishwife) (Gen Serv)
      Betsy BUCHAN   13  F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Daur
       Occ: Scholar
      James BUCHAN   7  M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Son
       Occ: Scholar
      Jane BUCHAN   5  F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Daur
      Andrew BUCHAN   3  M Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Son
      Barbara BUCHAN   9 m F Peterhead, Aberdeen, Scotland
       Rel: Daur