6018Re: [Peterhead] Hello and Thanks for this group!

  • Elisabeth Wilson
    May 27, 2014
      Hi Nancy, I don't have any connection to your names, although my mother was an Irvine from a different part of Scotland, but you will find this a friendly and helpful group. I hope you have a great time in Scotland. I've visited Peterhead and surrounds twice, briefly, and felt like I'd come home.

      Elisabeth Wilson
      Lenah Valley, Tasmania, Australia

      Sent from my iPad

      On 28 May 2014, at 3:53 am, "nancy Nancy@... [Peterhead]" <Peterhead@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hi everyone,

      I’m Nancy and I have ancestors from your area. I know very little about them other than a few names and dates. I will be visiting Aberdeen and many other places late August / early September and hope to find more before my trip. I live in the State of Maine.

      My surnames that have connection to Peterhead (I think) are

      Fiddes, Mitchell, Irvine, and Robinson

      I’m having a difficult time figuring out who’s who but I’ll get there!

      I think the Alexander Irvine in this census may be my GGG Granduncle. Not sure of that yet.

      Again, happy to be a part of your group.

      1851 Scotland Census about Alexander Irvine
      Name: Alexander Irvine
      Age: 46
      Estimated Birth Year: abt 1805
      Relationship: Head
      Spouse's Name: Jessie Nicol Irvine
      Gender: Male
      Where born: Old Machar, Aberdeenshire
      Parish Number: 232
      Civil Parish: Peterhead
      Town: Peterhead
      County: Aberdeenshire
      Address: 120 Manse
      Occupation: Minister Of The Parish Of Peterhead
      ED: 13
      Page: 43
      Household schedule number: 219
      LINE: 10