      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com
      From: steamingbill@...
      Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 05:24:24 -0700
      Subject: [Peterhead] Whats a stuka dolly ?

      Hello,

      My Mum might say something like this ....................

      Hes wakin a' bent ower like a stuka dolly

      I've always taken it to mean stiff and awkward and clumsy from the context.

      But I have been wondering "What exactly is/was a stuka dolly ?"  Mum doesnt know people from Banff /Macduff dont know (Mums teenage years) so being as Mum's early childhood was in Peterhead she thinks she got it from Peterhead .................. any ideas ?
      Regards

      Bill
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic